What better way to showcase one’s patriotism than hoisting the national flag at your campsite? I didn’t think that flying the old banner was so popular before getting into the travel trailer scene a few years ago. They are also pretty good way to find your camper in a big field of other campers at Motorcycle Rally’s, Sand Dunes, or any other crowded place where they all start to look alike.
Also, hoisting a flag is also a way to show your allegiance to a specific movement or organization, and it is a means to advertise.
Advantages of Flying a Flag
Show of Patriotism
Pride, Patriotism, and all that. Flying Old Glory (or whichever country flag of preference) lets everyone know you love your country.
Spread of Information
There is no cheaper way of spreading information concerning a particular course or event that a flag. There are a variety of options you can use to make the information more clear by placing a flashing beam on top of the flag to attract attention.
Advertise a business or location
The flagpole is one of the most relevant ways to advertise your business or location (Well, you know – besides the internet that is). But what’s better way to “write off that trip” than to do a little advertising??
Sign of Danger
You can alert people if you are faced by danger by lighting on the beam in case you encounter trouble and need immediate assistance – or light a fire and send up smoke signals. This works too, if you are 300 years old of course.
What to look out for when buying a Flag Pole for your Camper or RV
Materials and quality construction are the most important factors in the durability of your new big boy toy.
The weight of the pole should be within reason. You are going to be hauling and storing it in your camper, and every pound can add up to your overhaul hauling capacity.
A good flag post can accommodate up to 4 flags, any less and why even bother?
Ease of Mounting
You should check the options given to mount it, tools needed, and the mounting options like on the ladder or side panels.
The Best Way to mount your RV Flagpole
You should use a lot of care when dealing with your flagpole to prevent your RV from being scratched, you from being hurt, or the flag from breaking. By mounting your holder to the ladder on the side or rear of your trailer – you can avoid most of these dangers.
If you have a flashing light, it is vital that you put it out when you do not need it to save some power.
There is a little controversy milling around some RV forums (looking at you Reddit) where some people speculate that some of the states in the US do not allow big flag poles.
In reality, the only restrictions barring the mounting the height of flag posts is for flag posts running to heights of over 120ft for instance in the City of St. George. So, until some shows you a written law – this rule does not affect the flags for RV’ing and camping.
One of the main precautions you should lay your emphasis on is with the safety. The flagpole is quite tall and heavy which could pose a danger to you if not mounted properly to your campsite and to your fellow neighbors campsite.
A Review on Various RV Flag Pole Products
1. RV Flag Pole Kit – Motorhome Flag Kit by Flagpole Buddy
- Sturdy 22ft fiberglass RV flag pole system adjusts to fit most RV ladders
- Accommodate flags up to 3' x 5' & fly multiple flags. Kit comes with 4 clips which will fly two flags
- Collapsible pole for easy storage
- Mounts to any flat surface
- Easy one time installation of holders
The sturdy Flagpole Buddy will help you portray your patriotism at another level. At the height of 22 feet, it is one of the tallest flag posts and the most popular choices. The flag system adjusts and fits perfectly on most RV ladder mounts and can be fixed to any flat surface while at the same time maintain stability. The flagpole allows for a one-time installation of holders that accommodate the flag up high with multiple collapsible in case you are interested in bringing down or raising the flag.
- The flag is lightweight and durable with its robust fiberglass build
- The holder needs a one-time installation, and then easy to use each time afterwards
- The holder easily adjusts to fit the angle of the RV, ladder, or flat surfaces
- The pole is designed to withstand strong desert winds without bending or breaking
The Kit Includes
- A 22*2 fiberglass flag pole
- A 3*5 American flag
- Plastic silver ball finish pole topper
- Tools needed for mounting
- 4 flag connector clips to fly any other flag you may wish
- The flagpole can withstand strong winds, and it will not break
- The classic fiberglass material used to make the flagpole is sturdy and at the same time light to prevent the flag from being heavy at the top
- You do not have to climb a ladder because the kit comes with mounting equipment that allows you to mount the flag with the added advantage of being light
- The flag is quite long to let you display your patriotism effectively and have an option to raise as many flags as possible
- The flag does not accompany a manual to guide you through the installation process.
- Out of the potential two mountable flags, they only offer you one for free, and you have to pay for the other
- The pole has space for two flags as compared to others its hinges that have an option for up to four flags.
2. Flagpole-To-Go Portable Flagpole
- Extends 4' To 20'" And any height in between
- Adjustable clips allow you to up to two 3' X 5'
- Use at parades, Stadium events, tailgate parties, graduations, campsites, picnics & more!
- Collapses to 4' For easy transit and storage
- Withstands winds up to 35 MPH
The 20 ft flagpole-to-go large diameter portable flagpole is a lightweight, industrial-strength pole with a telescopic shape and a cam-locking action. The cam-locking action allows each section of the flag to lock into place correctly to prevent any event of collapse when extended. The large diameter of 2.5 inch makes the pole stronger with a broader base to hold it up during strong wind and turbulent waves. The pole offers the opportunity to raise a flag for business, country or any outdoor or indoor activities or parties such as camps and tailgate parties.
- The distance across on the flagpole is 2.5.”
- Sturdy anodized aluminum development counteracts rusting
- Finished with a gold ball
- Against fold, cuts keep banners from twisting around the flagpole
- Spring catches bolt each area into place so it won’t crumble when expanded
- Just turn the cylinder to bolt/open
- Length reaches out to 20.’
- Reduces to 6 feet for storage
- Enables you to fly two 3′ x 5′ banners
- Incorporates three cuts and enables you to fly two banners – one of a kind structure of clasps considers modification of an assortment of banner sizes and also bolting banner into place
- Extraordinary for team promoters, mascots, and fans
- Use at motorcades, stadium occasions, rear end parties, graduations, campgrounds, and picnics
- Perfect for home use, for showing brightening banners, group hues, or enthusiastic soul
- Fits toward the rear of the vehicle for transporting
- Incorporates 3′ x 5′ US Flag and PVC ground sleeve for mounting in your yard.
- The pole has an aluminum finish that prevents the flag from rusting no matter the environmental conditions
- The flag can collapse to 6 feet making it easy to mount the flag at different times
- The pole is quite long at 20 ft to display your message better
- The mast is folded or inserted into different flexible heights to give you options of mounting your flag at the height you prefer.
- The flagpole has a broad base making it stable to mount even during strong winds.
- The design of the flagpole is beautiful and unique
- The pole is made of heavy metal as compared to other flag posts making it difficult during installation.
- The flagpole only has an option to mount two flags
- You will need a holder, as this is just the pole itself
3. RV Flag Pole Red White & Blue Solar Beacon by Flagpole Buddy for 22, 16 and 12 Foot Tall Poles
- This Flagpole Buddy Solar Beacon flashes Red, White & Blue and fits on top of the pole.
- Fits on top any of our 12' 16' or 22' flagpoles
- No wires, Solar Panel on top charges by day and Flashes all night from Dusk to Dawn
- Make your RV stand out by adding this Red White & Blue Solar Beacon
- Can be seen up to 1 mile away. Push button On/Off for Storage.
This is the other of the elegant flagpole by flagpole buddy that is meant to serve you to the fullest. The flagpole has a flashing crimson, white and blue and is ideal for the best pole. The pole is wireless and runs on the best fees via day and flashes all night from nightfall to daybreak. The beacons of the flag are compatible with most mounting surfaces and also suits poles with a thread dimension of ½ to 13tpi.
The beacon has a sun-friendly crimson flashlight that does not fade quickly.
- The Flagpole Buddy solar beacon crimson light flashes in a variety of colors that is red, white and blue which is a choice for many people.
- The Solar beacon fits on top of any flagpole no matter its width from 12′ 16′ and 22.
- The beacon works with a solar panel installed in it meaning that there are no complicated wire connections that may turn faulty at times to need repair or cause electrocution. Using the stored energy in an installed battery system, the crimson flashes at all time from dusk till dawn
- The flashing light makes your RV or campsite to stand out from the rest because of the bright glare of the red, blue or white light.
- From a mile away, you can see that the Crimson is bright enough to be seen you only need to push the button off in instances where you do not need the light to save some energy.
- The solar beacon is an ideal solution for everyone no matter the type of flagpole you are using as it fits in all.
- The crimson light is bright enough to be seen from over a mile away which could be good for you if you need to attract attention.
- The beacon is wireless, and therefore it means that there is no faulty in it that could be so technical to fix and the safety is assured as you are guaranteed of zero electrocution risks.
- The beacon does not need any electrical connection meaning that you could use it at a point you wish to park your RV or to go camping.
- The beacon has a battery system that stores energy to power the lights
- The variety of lights is good for the people who need attention in case of danger or at times where you are advertising your business
- Different state laws vary, there are moments where you have to pay to use the flashing light because at times it may cause alarm especially the red light
- The beacon can bring unnecessary attention to persons around the camper using the flashing light.
4. Flagpole Buddy 2’ Mount
- This FlagPole Buddy 6 Piece 2.0 Mount Set is proudly Made in America.
- Mounts are designed to hold a 2.0 inch diameter pole so larger poles will not fit
- The Mount is made out fiberglass filled nylon which improves UV protection.
- Typically supports 20 ft pole and up. Includes Nuts & Bolts
- Make your RV stand out by adding your own unique flag for everyone to see. This FlagPole Buddy Mount will help keep your flag flying high and...
This Flagpole Buddy 6 Piece 2.0 Mount Set is proudly Made in America. Mounts are designed to hold a 1.0-inch diameter pole so more massive poles will not fit. Please measure your pole before ordering. The Mount is made out fiberglass filled nylon which improves UV protection.
Typically supports 20 ft pole and up. Includes Nuts & Bolts (Pole not included). Make your RV stand out by adding your unique flag for everyone to see. This Flag Pole Buddy Mount will help keep your flag flying high and straight for a long time.
- This Flagpole Buddy 6 Piece 2.0 Mount Set is proudly Made in America.
- Mounts are designed to hold a 2.0-inch diameter pole so more massive poles will not fit
- The Mount is made out fiberglass filled nylon which improves UV protection.
- Typically supports 20 ft pole and up. Includes Nuts & Bolts
- Make your RV stand out by adding your unique flag for everyone to see. This Flagpole Buddy Mount will help keep your flag flying high and straight for a long time.
- The mount is proudly made in America by Flagpole Buddy
- The mount is durable with fiberglass material which keeps your flag hoisted up high
- The mount is the ultimate solution to hold the flag up high which is the main reason for buying the flagpole in the first place.
- The mount is firm and steady with nuts and bolts that help to hold the flag steadily
- The mount is not compatible for all the flag poles available with it only fitting in 2-inch width.
5. Boone Outdoor Under Tire Flag Pole Stand and Case
- Under the tire flag pole base rigidly supports your flag pole with the weight of your vehicle
- Snap Release Pin system lets you set up and take down fast
- All steel construction with black powder coat
- Included Flag Pole Bumper protects your vehicle's finish on windy days
- Carry case of heavy nylon keeps flag pole base parts organized
Under the tire Flag Pole Base and Carry Case, fits all Flag Poles to go and Umbrella’s, Standard shafts are 1.875″ in breadth impeccable to show your group hues. It is a perfect place to temporarly mount a flag pole if your camper does not have an attached ladder.
Snap Release bind set’s up quick and you can store it under your seat. Vehicle bumper protects included.
- Under the tire hail post base inflexibly underpins your banner shaft with the heaviness of your vehicle
- Snap Release Pin framework gives you a chance to set up and bring down quick
- All steel development with dark powder coat
- Included Flag Pole Bumper secures your vehicle’s complete on breezy days
- Convey instance of overwhelming nylon keeps signal shaft base parts sorted out
- The flagpole stand can be mounted in places in many surfaces provided there is a heavy object to hold down the position
- With the variety of fitting in any pole, it is ideal for all campers and RV owners
- The stand also provides a space for one to place a banner to inform or advertise
- The stand is flexible with underpins to support your flag and protect your bumper
- The stand cannot be set in areas where there is no heavy object to hold it down
6. Steel Bolt on Wall Mount Flagpole Holder
- Wall mount pole holder for poles up to 1 1/8" in diameter
- Bolts down directly to any flat surface
- Heavy-duty steel
- Durable and long lasting
Made of a heavy duty poly-knit material and printed with a 100% bleed through on the reverse side, this means the opposite side has a mirrored image. The two types of flags require different pole ends as they are shaped differently to the top
- 2 1/2 or 3 feet wide x 12 feet tall
- Super heavy-duty
- Pole and mount sold separately
- The bolt is long lasting and durable because of its durable steel material
- The heavy polyester knit that engulfs the bolt prevents it from rusting
- There are many designs and varieties to choose from
- The bolt does not come as a kit but is sold as a unit
- The aluminum holders sold with it may not be strong enough
So which one will you choose?
We personally use and recommend the FlagPole Buddy Kit. It’s super easy to setup and everything that you are going to need is included in the ready-to-go assembly.
When we are racing to get setup and hit the pool or just relax, this makes it easy and quick to get the flag-of-the-weekend flying high above all our neighbors.