Going out on a camping trip? What’s more relaxing and pleasant than a campfire glistening through the woods and sparking up your mood away from the regular hustle of the cities? You need not to strain yourself into preparing a traditional wood fire though. A propane fire pit will do the trick and the work for you.
What is a portable propane fire pit?
A portable propane fire pit is the perfect substitute for a traditional wood fire when you return to your camps after a hectic outdoor trip, looking for ways to relax. This wood-less camping fire provides you with an aura of a real campfire amidst the darkness of the woods. It is environment-friendly and does not let you worry about smoke or ash residue.
If you are looking for a portable fire pit that uses wood for the fuel source – click here.
Benefits of using the propane fire
- Light in weight and super easy to carry across all your trips.
- Burns clean, Safe to cook on, and Scent Free
- Recurring supply of firewood is not needed.
- Firewood is expensive, and a portable fire pit saves your time, energy and money from all that additional work.
- Transporting firewood from state to state is prohibited in certain states. But a fire pit is not!
- Wood fires are prohibited in some campgrounds. That’s where a portable fire pit will save you and keep you going.
- You can’t have a wood fire in case of a fire ban, but you can have a fire pit. (just saying)
- And the pollution from wood fires! A propane fire burns without emitting any smoke or leaving behind any residue.
A portable propane fire pit is the one-stop solution to innumerable hurdles that might block your way to a beautiful camping trip. Don’t worry. Keep going. We have it all covered.
Important factors to consider when purchasing a Propane Fire Pit
- Size of the fire pit
Portable propane fire pits comes in all sizes with varied diameters and heights. Choose the one according to the places you are traveling and the frequency with which you travel. If you are traveling solo, a small-sized fire pit will be enough, but when traveling with a family, a bigger-sized fire pit will make your trip all the more enjoyable.
- BTU (British Thermal Units)/ energy output of the fire pit
Different portable fire pits have different heat output capacities. A British thermal unit is the amount of heat required to raise the temperature of one pound of water by one degree Fahrenheit. For an outdoor location, a high BTU is good as compared to a low BTU. Therefore, you need to check this unit before planning to buy a portable fire pit.
- Is there any smoke emission or ash residue?
This is an important consideration to comply with the environmental safety standards. It is advisable to buy a portable fire pit that burns smokeless and does not leave any ash behind. That way, it becomes easy not just for you but also from the environment standpoint. Moreover, wood fires are banned in several campgrounds. A portable propane fire pit gives you an upper hand in that case.
- Whether the portable fire pit is CSA certified or not?
CSA stands for Canadian Standards Association. Getting CSA certified implies that the product has been successfully tested and adheres to the required standards. Not every portable fire pit has been CSA approved which means you need to fetch for the one that really is. This ensures the safety of use.
- Are there any additional features?
Every propane fire pit comes with a different combination of features. Some have natural lava rocks included; some do not. Some are CSA certified while others are not. Carry bags are provided with few propane fire pits but others do not come with a carry bag. Choose the best combination of features, and you are good to go. Here is your guide for buying the right one.
Outland Firebowl Deluxe Portable Propane Gas Fire Pit with Cover & Carry Kit
- PERFECT NO MESS CAMPFIRE: Say goodbye to dirty ash, expensive firewood, and bothersome smoke and enjoy a clean realistic propane campfire. The...
- COMPACT AND EASY TO TRANSPORT: Travel size fire pit is lightweight and portable; easily set up in minutes with no tools required. Lower profile...
- BEAT THE CAMPFIRE BAN: CSA approved fire pit is safe to use during most campfire bans; always check with the current fire restrictions in your...
- COMPLETE FIRE PIT KIT: Includes Cover & Carry Kit, pre-attached 10-Ft hose to keep your standard 20-Lb propane tank cylinder (not included)...
- SIGNATURE OUTLAND LIVING QUALITY: Durable high quality steel construction with protective enamel finish for dependable longevity; superior...
An Outland Firebowl, as the name suggests, creates a perfect setting for an outdoor location. This certified propane gas fire pit comes with a cover and a carry kit which makes it all the more easy and handy. With 19” diameter, it is one of the safest fire pits that you need to carry when there is a campfire ban. This propane fire pit will keep you hooked to your surroundings and provide you with the same warmth and coziness as a real wood fire does.
This 58,000 BTU (British Thermal Units) propane fire pit is a quality steel construct with a protective powder coating and enamel finish for everlasting permanence. It comes with a 1-year Manufacturer’s Limited Warranty while other features include a chrome knob with rubber comfort-grip and stainless steel burners and fasteners. To top it off, an Outland Firebowl is CSA certified. It implies that the propane fire pit has been independently tested and certified to fulfill all the standards of safety and performance. If you are an environment safety freak, don’t worry because this fire pit burns clean and smokeless, emitting perfect heat for you and your family.
- It burns clean and smokeless with no dirty ash residue left behind.
- A perfect and cheap alternative to fire woods.
- It is both lightweight and portable.
- It can be easily set up in minutes and requires no extra tools
- This fire pit is CSA certified and hence, is safe to use during a fire ban.
- Made with high-quality steel offering durability and longevity.
- Propane tank is not attached with the fire pit. You need to buy them separately.
- Lava rocks are not provided.
Heininger Portable Propane Outdoor Fire Pit
- Great for camping, backyards, patio or tailgating
- 58,000 BTU fire pit burns clean and smokeless
- CSA approved fire pit is safe to use during most campfire bans; always check with the current fire restrictions in your area
- Black Color 19 inch diameter All weather fire pit
- Light Weight and easy to carry; 10 ft hose and lava rocks included
This is a perfect campfire fit for outdoor locations. There is nothing is more magical than sitting with your friends around an open fire, having intense conversations and sipping on your favourite coffee while the rest of the world is ‘dreaming’ on the other side. The Heininger Portable Propane Outdoor Fire Pit makes this experience worth cherishing with its clean and smokeless burns. This 58,000 BTU propane fit generates an ample amount of heat. The decorative lava rocks included in the Heininger fire pit provides an ever-lasting performance and also adds a visual treat to the eyes.
- This fire pit is light in weight and is easy to carry along the trip.
- It leaves no dirty residue and burns smokeless.
- It creates a perfect setting for your backyard, patio, beach or RV Park.
- It comes with decorative lava rocks adding an aesthetic view to the fire pit.
- This fire pit is not CSA certified. Hence, safety might be a concern area.
Camco Portable Propane Outdoor Campfire
No products found.
If you are someone who cares about convenience more than anything, the Camco Portable Propane Campfire is the one-stop solution for you. The storage bag that comes along with it enables you to carry the campfire wherever you go, be it your backyard, patio, or tailgating. The lava rocks add icing on the cake. These lava rocks act as an additional heat output when heated with fire. The folding legs attached to it help elevate the fire tray or may fold completely for convenient and easy storage. With a capacity of 65,000 BTUs/hour, its adjustable regulator effortlessly allows you to control the size of the flame.
- Comes with a one-year limited warranty.
- Consists of foldable legs making it easy to elevate the fire pit or settle it down.
- Easy to store and carry.
- Comes with lava rocks.
- Can be set up with minimal assembly tools.
- Best for campsites with restrictions against in-ground fires
- Heat output capacity of 65,000 BTUs only
- Not certified by CSA
Camp Chef Propane Compact Fire Ring
- 55,000 BTU propane burner, 15" Diameter x 13" Tall
- Fully adjustable heat-control lever
- Smokeless, propane-fueled flame
- Lava rocks to disperse heat and flame included
- Includes Carry Bag and two extendable roasting sticks
Heading out to a ‘forest’ adventure, the Camp Chef Propane Compact Fire Ring is the ‘forest friendly’ propane fire pit you cannot resist carrying with you. It is just the perfect campfire designed to warm you up during all your outings, whether it’s a road trip in the RV or a night out in the patio. The presence of natural lava rocks gives you a lifetime of enjoyment. The Camp Chef Propane Compact Fire Ring comes with base, high-pressure burner, 12 pounds of lava rock and a carry bag. What more can you want?
Moreover, this fire pit burns smokeless and does not leave any residue behind. These fire pits are also permitted in most of the fire ban areas, but it is advisable to check with the local Ranger Station before carrying it over.
It has a diameter of 15” and its height is 7”. 2 extendable roasting sticks also add to the combination. However, the lava rocks need to be baked on a high flame for about 10 minutes only when you first set up the fire pit. After they are baked, the entire setup becomes complete.
- The convenience of storage and transport
- Includes a carry bag
- Adjustable heat-control knob
- Leaves no ash residue and burns smokeless
- Natural lava rocks provided.
- Relatively less heat output of 55,000 BTU per hour
- CSA certification not provided
Radiate Portable Campfire
- THE BEST OF SHARK TANK - The Radiate Portable Campfire was featured on Season 9 of ABC's Shark Tank. It was presented in front of the Sharks and...
- PORTABLE AND DESIGNED TO GO ANYWHERE – Radiate was designed to be convenient, sleek, portable, and reusable. At 4lbs and only 8" wide the...
- SIMPLE AND EASY TO CLEAN UP - Radiate Portable Campfire is easy to light with no smoky smell. Even better, Radiate is easy to clean up with low...
- ECO-FRIENDLY AND MADE FROM RECYCLED MATERIALS - Radiate Portable Campfires are made from recycled soy wax and recycled paper briquettes which...
- SINGLE USE REUSABLE ON THE GO - Take this portable campfire anywhere – camping in the woods, relaxing on the beach, or enjoy in the backyard...
The best part of a Radiate Portable Campfire is that it is made with 100% recycled and sustainable materials such as recycled soy wax and paper briquettes. So if you are looking to spend beautiful nights outside while also minimizing the negative impact on environment, the Radiate Portable Campfire is all you can think of at the moment. This portable fire pit is devoid of any kind of stinky smoke or dwindling flames.
Amazingly, the Radiate Portable Campfire is water-proof too. If accidentally, it gets caught in the rain, you can pour off the water and light it again. It is the new outdoor essential you can ever ask for.
- It’s water-proof giving an amazing campfire experience even when caught in rain.
- It is made with recycled materials making it environment friendly.
- It does not emit any stinky smoke preventing your hair and clothes from getting spoiled.
- It does not come with CSA certification
Quick Walk through on Setup and Safety
This Portable Propane Gas Fire Pit is the one that we have and love. It has a heat output capacity so a large group can sit around it and still feel comfortable is CSA certified safe. So it’s the safest of all the fire pits and comes with a powder coating for sustainability and long-lasting use. For everyone out there who cares about the environment, this is the fire pit you can gift yourself or that traveling family who doesn’t like buying or splitting wood when trying to relax.