All About Choosing the Right RV Countertop Dishwasher
Life in an RV can be extremely rewarding if you have everything you need, but do not underestimate the power of dirty dishes to ruin your adventure. Just behind money, arguing about who is responsible to clean the dirty dishes is the 2nd leading cause of divorce! (Just kidding,… not really.)
In my house and on the road, we keep a simple rule in place. Someone cooks and someone cleans. If one person does all the cooking, then the other does the cleaning. If both are cooking – then both are cleaning. Simple and easy.
Basically, having a dishwasher at home and in the RV (or travel trailer) is essential if you know that you are going to be consuming food in meals more than once a day for a few days in a row. Your living the carefree life after all!
What to look for in RV dishwashers:
Once you set it up, you will be good to go. Reusing dishes is the best way to reduce waste when you are on a road trip. A good RV dishwasher should have the following features:
The dishwasher should fit inside your kitchen without disrupting the usual flow of things. A compact and portable design will help you save space, and it also easier to manage in the long run.
Your dishwasher should have enough space to accommodate all your dishes and utensils in one go. Doing the washing in turns can get tiring after a while. Go for a dishwasher that can hold at least 5 standard place settings. This way you can do clean up after each big meal, not after a full day or weekends worth of dishes like you would at home.
There are emerging technologies which have managed to upgrade dishwashers tremendously. You should not settle for less. Go for a dishwasher that is packed with features and offers multiple washing options. The quality of cleaning goes up with a number of stages in the process.
What to avoid?
Do not go for dishwashers that are bulky and require permanent installation if you can help it.
SPT Countertop Dishwasher
- Durable stainless steel interior and spray arm
- Dish rack and silverware basket; up to 6 standard place settings capacity
- User friendly controls; automatic detergent and rinse agent dispenser
- Faucet adapter included for quick and simple connection
- 6 wash cycles (heavy, normal, light, glass, speed, soak); Unit dimension (W x D x H) : 21.65 x 19.69 x 17.24 in
The correct dishwasher holds power to make your life so much easier. This product from SPT will be the perfect fit in the small kitchen of your RV. It might have a compact design, but the dishwasher offers full-size power.
Built with stainless steel, it is long-lasting, and you can depend on it to run for quite a few years. It comes with a dish rack and a silverware basket, both of which are equally dependable. It has a capacity of 6 standard place settings.
Easy to use:
A countertop dishwasher should be user-friendly, or else things can get difficult inside the RV. This particular option has a simple layout of controls, and you will find it easy to learn. The automatic detergent along with the rinse agent dispenser makes it even more convenient.
Faucet adapter included:
The faucet adapter which comes with the product allows you to quick connect to the kitchen faucets. You will not have to arrange for direct plumbing or installation. The faucet adapter accommodates the standard size and will connect to any faucet that has a removable Aerator.
- The dishwasher has six wash cycles; namely, heavy, normal, light, glass, speed, soak.
- With a compact design, it fits easily in an RV while the cavity can load up to six standard place settings
- The Faucet Adapter allows you to Quick Connect with kitchen faucets
- The input voltage of the product is 120V / 60Hz
- With a power cord length of 4.5 ft, the dishwasher allows for easy fitting
- It consumes 14.5L of water per cycle
- Has user-friendly controls which means that both beginners and amateurs will be able to use it
- Comes with a dish rack and a silverware basket, both of which are essentials for a dishwasher
- With an automatic rinse agent dispenser, this product makes it really easy for you to get your work done fast.
EdgeStar Portable Countertop Dishwasher
- Six (6) standard place setting capacity / Includes dish rack, cup shelf, and cutlery basket
- Holds plates up to 10.5" in diameter / Seven (7) wash cycles / Quick connect adapter fits standard sized kitchen faucets / Beautiful digital...
- Stainless steel interior / Fits under most cabinetry / Water consumption (normal wash): 2.85 gallons
- Power: 1160 W/10.7 A / Input voltage: 120 V/60 Hz / Noise level: 52.3dB; Warranty: 1 year parts; 90 days labor / Dimensions: 17-1/4" H x...
- PLEASE NOTE: Do not use hand dish detergent, detergent pods, or tabs. This will cause the dishwasher to overflow
This dishwasher from EdgeStar will make for a beautiful addition to your RV’s kitchen.
When you are choosing a countertop dishwasher for your RV, you need to make sure that the product is compact but efficient. Offering as many as six standard place settings, this dishwasher has a height of just 17 inches. With a low profile that makes it perfect for the RV, it can be fitted anywhere you want without you having to worry about permanent installation.
You can do your bit for the environment by investing in this beauty because the dishwasher consumes only 200-kilowatt hours per year. Similar countertop dishwashers in this range take up a lot more energy. This model tries to keep water from getting wasted so that you can save some money on your water and energy bills.
With this dishwasher, you will not have to worry about complex instructions. It is very easy to operate, and you will learn to work with it in no time. It offers seven wash cycles to ensure that your utensils are cleaned thoroughly. There is a rinse agent dispenser built into the machine so that you can avoid water spotting on dishes.
- Comes with a quick connect faucet adapter which eliminates the need for permanent installation
- Five-foot hose makes it easy for you to connect to any faucet
- Comes with electronic controls and a digital display to make it easier for you to operate the dishwasher
- You will find that the cutlery basket and the cup shelf useful for organizing your utensils
- Has a spotless stainless steel interior
- Powerful spray arm cleans your dishes with ease
- The internal water heater, along with the heavy wash cycle, manages to kill all germs and bacteria by raising the temperature of the water to 149 degrees Fahrenheit
BLACK+DECKER Compact RV Dishwasher
- 6 Place Setting Capacity (Accommodates dinner plates up to 10")
- Delayed Start Option up to 24 hours
- LED Display with Electronic Touch Controls
- Child Lock + High Efficiency Rating and ENERGY STAR Certified
- 7 wash programs: Intensive, Normal, Eco, Glass, 90 Minutes, Rapid & Soak
When you are traveling inside an RV, you want as much room to yourself as possible. While furnishing the kitchen, you want to choose a dishwasher that does not take up a lot of space. This compact dishwasher from BLACK+DECKER is packed with features that will make life easier for you.
You will be surprised at how much space you will have at your disposal in spite of the compact design of the dishwasher. The interior is made with stainless steel and is very durable. It can accommodate six place settings along with the utensils. The dishwasher will be able to hold plates that measure up to 10 inches.
Easy loading techniques:
You might have noticed that some dishwashers have rather complicated loading and unloading procedures. With this product, you will not have to worry because it has been designed to be user-friendly. You can simply slide out the dish rack and use the removable utensil basket with ease.
This dishwasher comes with a lot of features, but none of that will be of any use unless you know how to use them. To aid the process, BLACK+DECKER has included electronic touch controls. Make necessary adjustments and set up your machine the way you like by consulting the LED display.
- Can accommodate up to six place settings
- It can be fitted on a standard countertop, but it offers seven wash programs nonetheless
- The water hookup and drain connections are easy to set up
- Compact design makes it an excellent addition to an RV
- Comes with a delayed Start Option up to twenty-four hours
- The LED Display allows you to use the dishwasher without any problems even in low light conditions
- The Electronic Touch Controls make it easy for both beginners and amateurs to work with the dishwasher
- You can choose among seven wash programs: Intensive, Glass, Normal, Eco, 90 Minutes, Rapid & Soak
- Attractive design allows it to add to the aesthetic of your RV
EdgeStar Built-In Dishwasher
- Choose from six (6) wash cycles: heavy, normal, light, glass, speed, and rinse
- At only 18 inches wide, using this unit to replace an older appliance such as a trash compactor is a great option.
- Light indicators show which cycle of the wash the unit is in and a buzzer sounds when the wash cycle has come to an end.
- The interior features two (2) pull out dish racks, a silverware basket and cup tray.
This dishwasher has a compact design and can fit smaller spaces with relative ease. You will find that you have no problems setting it up inside your RV. If you are wanting to go with a built-in, this is the one.
The design of the dishwasher will trick you into thinking that you will not be getting a lot of space to wash your dishes once you install it. However, on the contrary, the dishwasher will be able to hold up to eight place settings. Moreover, the silverware basket and cup tray allow for easy and efficient organization.
With this dishwasher, you will be getting a bang for your buck because it thoroughly cleans all your utensils. There are six wash cycles to choose from- namely, heavy, glass, speed, normal, light and rinse. You will be able to choose any that suits your requirements.
Easy to use:
Firstly, you will not have a problem working with this dishwasher even inside the RV because of the small size. You can use it even to replace older appliances which take up a lot of space. The dishwasher comes with indicators which will keep you informed about which cycle the washing is in at the moment. A buzzer will notify you when the process is complete.
- The spacious interior can accommodate up to eight place settings
- Measures only 18 inches wide and does not take unnecessary space Comes with two pull out dish racks, a cup tray, and a silverware basket
- The dial selector on the front allows you to choose between six stages of the wash cycle: heavy, normal, light, glass, speed, and rinse
- There are light indicators which will tell you how far your wash has proceeded
- You will hear buzzer sounds once the washing comes to an end
- With an Energy Star rating, the dishwasher allows efficient energy use
SPT SD-2224DS Countertop Dishwasher
- 7 wash cycles: Heavy, normal, light, mini party, rinse, speed and soak
- Delay start for added convenience : Two, four, six or eight hours
- Universal faucet adapter and Quick Connect: For quick and easy connection to most kitchen faucets
- Electronic controls with LED display : LED displays remaining time or current running state
- Water supply warning indicator and rinse aid warning indicator
This dishwasher is just the perfect size for your RV. The compact design does not keep it from delivering a powerful performance. Since is only 17.24″, it can easily be accommodated in your kitchen.
If a product is heavy or bulky, it can get difficult to accommodate it inside your RV. This dishwasher, however, has a compact design which can fit on most countertops. That does not stop it from delivering a punch when it comes to the actual washing. With seven wash cycles, the dishwasher ensures that your dishes and utensils are all spick and span. Your choices are heavy, normal, light, mini party, rinse, speed and soak.
One of the things that make this dishwasher rather unique among its competitors is the delay start feature which you can extend to two, four, six or eight hours.
With this dishwasher, you will not have to worry about permanent installation charges. It comes with a universal faucet adapter that can be connected to most kitchen faucets.
Easy to use:
If you are a beginner who has little experience with life inside an RV, then you will appreciate how easy this dishwasher is to operate. With electronic controls and an LED display, it will keep you informed about the settings at every second. Moreover, the warnings indicators help you avoid kitchen disasters.
- The spacious interior allows for a generous capacity; can hold up to six standard place settings
- Comes with an automatic detergent and rinse agent dispenser
- The Quick connect feature allows it to connect to most kitchen faucets and the process requires no permanent installation.
- The electronic controls and the LED display make it easy to set up and track the washing
- With seven wash cycles (heavy, normal, light, mini party, rinse, speed and soak) to choose from, the dishwasher is thorough in its job
- There is a delay start feature which makes it more convenient for you
- The water supply warning indicator will alert you immediately if a tap is not turned on
- With the rinse aid warning indicator, you will know when your rinse aid has to be refilled
Wrapping it up:
You cannot have dirty dishes piling up inside your RV for the sake of hygiene. If you are out on a road trip, you will quickly find that the stench of unwashed dishes is a great mood killer. Use-and-throw plates aren’t that environmentally friendly because you will be adding more waste to the planet.
My final recommendation and the one that we currently use and love is the Countertop Dishwasher from SPT.