How to Organize Shoes in Your RV?
When you have an entire house to yourself, you don’t have to worry about the overflowing shoe closet. However, things can get a little difficult when you have to downsize for your RV life. Bringing four pairs of shoes per person also becomes a lot and you need a proper RV shoe storage area or organizer to make sure the shoes aren’t scattered all over the place.
Selecting shoes for your RV
You are switching to a smaller closet, which means you have to act smart and take only the essential shoes with here. Let’s take a look at x tips for selecting shoes for your RV:
1. Match outfits with shoes
Use your clothes to select the kind of shoes you want to take with you. If you wear a lot of t-shirts and pants, canvas shoes or slippers suit your wardrobe the best. Are you more into dresses and skirts? Well, sandals and decorate slippers will suit your closet a little better.
2. Go for block colors
Choose shoes with block colors as it makes them easy to team it up with any outfit. When you have shoes that are very decorative or full of patterns, you limit its number of uses, which isn’t a practical use of the limited space of your RV.
3. Avoid heels
Leave those five-inch tall pair of heels back at home. They are difficult to store and you will be spending most of your time hiking, swimming, or relaxing. Avoid taking shoes with you that you won’t use regularly.
List of shoes you need to take with you
Your goal should be to stick to four or five pairs of shoes. Don’t worry whether they are pretty or not because your comfort matters the most. Here are five shoes that you need to take with you:
1. Training shoes
Training shoes are great when you are going for a casual walk or exercising outside. They are comfortable, so if you are spending your whole day walking around, you know which ones to pick.
2. Hiking shoes
If you are hiking up a mountain, you must wear hiking shoes. They have the best grip and protect joints from injury. Hiking shoes are usually expensive but they also last for a long time, so the cost will get covered up.
2. Two pair of slippers
Use one pair of slippers for the outdoors and the second one for indoors. If you don’t prefer to wear slippers inside the RV, you can wear socks and make space for another items. You can also take one pair of flip flops and another
Go for sandals that have elaborate designs, so you can wear them to a party or dinner date. Stick to a brown or black pair of sandals since they complement almost all clothes.
After adjusting into RV life, you will realize that you never needed so many clothes and shoes.
Smart places in your RV to store shoes
You have to get creative with the space that’s available to you to store the shoes. Let’s take a look at them:
1. Under the bed
The easiest place to hide your shoes is under the bed. You can store them in a box or place them in a restricted area directly. Clean your shoes well before you put them back as the odor and bacteria can harm your bed linens.
2. Storage ottoman
Store your shoes in a storage ottoman or under the couch. Pack your shoes in tiny bags before you place them inside.
3. Under the stairs
You can either have stairs that open, so you can store inside them or remove the front part and slide the shoes inside. The location is convenient because you can take your shoes off as you get inside the RV and push them under the stairs.
4. Hang on curtain rods
Screw curtains on the side of your couch and add S-hooks to them. Hang your shoes over the hooks and cover the couch and its side with a big piece of cloth. It is the only option left if you don’t have any storage space left in your RV.
MISSLO Over The Door Shoe Organizer
- 24 roomy clear see through mesh pockets organizes up to 12 pairs of shoes
- 4 over the door hooks included, the maximum width of door that fits the hook is 1 2/3 inches
- The door hanger shoe rack could easily be cut in half horizontally, and can be fold very small for travel storage
- Perfect holder for organizing shoes, bathroom, pantry, kitchen and cleaning supplies, toys and barbie dolls and accessories.
- Dimensions: 56 1/2"L x 22 1/3"W, each pocket measure 5 2/5" in width and 7 4/5" in height
The MISSLO Over The Door Shoe Organizer is a floor-length mesh organizer with 24 pockets to store 12 pairs of footwear. Its back fabric is made using non-woven AOZ-free cloth, which is breathable and easy to wash. It is available in two colors, which are black and white. The organizer comes with pre-installed hooks, which you can use to hang it over the closet door. They are thin, so the door will close completely. It won’t affect the wood in any case.
If you don’t have 12 pair of shoes, you can cut it into half, horizontally or vertically, and use the other part to store other things like cleaning supplies. Each pocket of the organizer is 5 2/5″ wide and 7 4/5″ tall. You can also use it to store toys, undergarments, toiletries, snacks, and kitchen supplies. However, don’t store very heavy objects in it as it will disturb the door’s alignment.
- Large shoe organizer that can cut into half
- Made using non-woven breathable fabric
- Easy to wash and store when not in use
- Available in two minimalist colors
- Ideal for multipurpose use
- Not meant for large shoes
- Mesh has a loose weave that gives it a flimsy appearance
Whitmor Over The Door Rack Fold Up Non-Slip Bars Shoe Rack
- Bars have the ability to fold up creating more space for taller shoes or boots
- Whitmor's OTD shoe rack is made of durable white resin and has non-slip door pads
- Instantly add more closet storage with Whitmor's 36 Pair OTD shoe rack
- Assembled dimensions: 7.5X 22.63X 74.5 inches
- This easy, no tools required shoe rack looks great & adds function to almost any space
A minimalist and affordable organizer, the Whitmor Over The Door Rack Fold Up Non-Slip Bars Shoe Rack can accommodate 36 pairs of footwear at a time. It is a perfect solution for RV homes or motorhomes as the organizer comes with non-slip pads that keeps the shoes in their place during a bumpy ride. The shoe rack is constructed using high-quality white resin, which is eco-friendly and ideal for long-term use. You can interchange between three shoe rack positions depending on your use.
If you aren’t using some of the shoes rack, you can close them completely. If you want to store kids’ shoes, open it partially. Keep it completely open for adult shoes. Store the heaviest and biggest shoes in the bottom racks so that the weight doesn’t misalign the door. Use the pre-installed hooks to hang the organizer over any door of your RV. You can also screw it on the wall. In case your closet door is too thick for the hook size, contact the company and they will send over bigger ones.
- Friendly and prompt customer service
- Made with durable, strong, and eco-friendly resin material
- Three adjustable positions for different shoes
- Perfect to fit larger foot sizes
- Assembly is time-consuming
- Velcro stickers don’t stick well to the door
mDesign Soft Fabric Closet Organizer
- 10 OPEN SHELF COMPARTMENTS: You have instant organization with this unit; Store and organize extra paper towel rolls in kitchen, entryway, or...
- EASY INSTALLATION: The hanging organizer easily installs in any closet; simply hang over standard sized closet rods, the strong grip strips keep...
- VERSATILE: Maximize unused space and create extra storage in any closet; Use these anywhere to add organization to your space; Use in the...
- DURABLE CONSTRUCTION: Made of breathable non-woven synthetic fabric; Wipe clean with a damp cloth and allow to air dry
- THOUGHTFULLY SIZED: Each Measures 6" x 11.75" x 50" high
mDesign Soft Fabric Closet Organizer is an aesthetic footwear organizer, which fits perfectly in constricted spaces. It is made from top grade, breathable non-woven synthetic fabric, which can be used to store running shoes, heels, flats, sneakers, sandals, tennis shoes, loafers, hiking shoes, and rain boots. You can hang the narrow organizer in your closet, between the fridge and the bedroom, and entryway closets and never worry about tumbling over shoes scattered in the RV ever again.
You can use the organizer to store cleaning supplies, toilet paper, pre-packaged snacks, undergarments, socks, and infant or toddler clothes. It slides easily on an average-sized closet rod.
- Can be washed in washing machines
- Sturdy and simple organizer blends with RV interiors
- Made using non-woven synthetic fabric
- Doesn’t fit men shoes over size 11
- Needs you to install a closet rod for hanging
Homyfort Under Bed Shoe Storage Organizer
- Sturdy & Durable ECO Friendly Material-The shoe organizer made breathable non-woven fabrics allows items air flow keeping them fresh and...
- Perfect to Slide Under Your Bed-One handle on front and another handle on side allows you to easily pull it out In any direction.The shoe holder...
- Clear Cover Known What's Inside&Strong Zipper-features a clear cover, help you see clear what you have stored in the bag, pick them out quickly....
- Space Saving Organizer & Crdboard Inserted Around-The shoe holder can helped you better organize your shoes and you was able to toss all of the...
- Brand: Homyfort - THE BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE - If for any reason you're not completely happy with your purchase- if it breaks, if it's damaged in...
A sturdy product by Homyfort, this shoe organizer is perfect to add storage space under your RV bed. It is constructed using eco-friendly non-woven fabric, which is durable and maintains the shape of the shoes. You can purchase the organizer in two colors — black and gray, both of which have patterns that resemble linen fabric. It can store up to 6 pairs of shoes at a time and close completely with a sturdy metal zipper.
The organizer has a clear cover on top, so you can check what’s inside without opening it. Also, it comes with one handle on either sides, so you can pull it from under the bed easily. The zipper is larger than the average size, which means you can open and close without worrying about it coming off. Homyfort offers one of the best customer service and will help you replace the product in case of a manufacturing fault.
- Constructed using eco-friendly and durable non-woven fabric
- Handles on both side for easy pull and push mechanism
- Fits six pairs of large shoes comfortably
- Prompt customer support
- Flimsy side straps
- Organizer isn’t hard-sided
Yocice Wall Mounted Shoes Rack
- 【Simple】Very easy to install, make your home look more classy
- 【Materals】Made of eco-friendly ABS plastic, Shoes Rack with 3M command Medium strips
- 【Quantity】SM02 Rack 4pcs with sticky strips 12pcs
- 【Storage】Suitable for hanging on the door,bathroom, living room and other places
- 【Be used】shoes, slippers,high heels, sneakers, sandals and so on
The Yocice Wall Mounted Shoes Rack is a four-piece organizer that is available in two colors, which include white and blue. It is an ideal choice if you a small RV and no specific space for storing your shoes. The shoe racks come with 12 sticky strips, which you can use to stick them against a flat surface. They are constructed using ABS material, which is highly durable and lightweight.
You can use the organizers to store a variety of shoes including sneakers, shoes, slippers, sandals, and heels. Designed minimally to blend in with the RV interiors, the shoe racks are perfect for utilizing awkward spaces.
- Bears weight of heavy shoes effortlessly
- Available in two simple colors
- Easy to install; the sticky strips have superior glue strength and perfect for prolonged use
- Not ideal for infant, toddler, or small adult shoes
- Not environment-friendly
This Closet Organizer is our favorite among the 5 RV shoe organizers. It is constructed using eco-friendly non-woven material, which can be folded and kept away when not in use. It is a breathable fabric that clears out odors and maintains the shoes in good condition. The organizer fits comfortably over an average-sized closet organizer and fits 10 pairs of shoes at a time. You can also use it to arrange kitchen supplies, snacks, cleaning supplies, children’s clothes, and undergarments.
We also liked the under-bed Shoe Storage Organizer, a box organizer that you can keep under your bed. You can stack one over the other and free up space for different things. It is easy to use and is made using a non-woven, breathable fabric with a clear top. It has handles on both sides, so you it pull it out easily.