The Best TPMS for RV: Choices Out There Today
It is important that you have your vehicle equipped with a TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring System) because flat tires or tire blowout could steer serious road accidents at unexpected moments. The U.S, statistically, is considered one amongst the most dangerous countries in terms of vehicle accidents.
According to the National Safety Council, the number of deaths by vehicle accidents in the U.S. touched 40,000 in the year 2017. These figures show how critical it is to act proactively when it comes to proper vehicle safety on the road.
What is an RV TPMS?
A Tire Pressure Monitoring System is a system intended to surveil the tire pressure of your vehicle and immediately exude warning signals the moment it detects something fishy. TPMS untis are designed for all types of vehicles ranging from ordinary cars, travel trailers, to sizable RV. If your vehicle feeds upon enormous tire repair expenses and towing fees very often, it’s time you get yourself RV TPMS to favor your pockets. The best tire pressure monitoring system is the one that makes you confident in the road trips that you take and lets you enjoy freely.
Benefits of using RV TPMS
- It sends you a notification when your vehicle’s tire is going flat, or the tire pressure is getting low.
- It enables you to retain the required tire pressure. Under-inflated tires can consume a lot of gasoline. Therefore, maintaining the proper tire pressure save you of your costs and your vehicle’s fuel intake.
- A TPMS ensures your safety on trips by better handling your vehicle, reducing tire wear, minimizing the brake distance and enhancing the fuel economy.
- You may have to pay lower premiums on vehicle insurance because a TPMS ensures your vehicle’s safety.
- Before TPMS came into existence, drivers were required to manually gauge the tire pressure. They needed to kneel down to each tire, take off the valve stem cap and insert the tire pressure gauge. A tire pressure monitoring system ensures that a driver has to do none of this.
Important factors to consider while purchasing RV TPMS
- Battery of the TPMS – If you are someone who loves adventure and travel frequently, the battery must be one of the top considerations for buying a TPMS. Ensure to check the heat bearing capacity of a TPMS. Purchase the one that does not get damaged by with a lot of heat. Some devices work on rechargeable batteries while some work on solar batteries, too. While the former is more convenient to use, the latter reduces your electricity bills.
- Ease of use – Unless you are tech-savvy and are well equipped with the features of almost every device, go for TPMS that is easy to comprehend. Some tire pressure monitoring systems may feature icons that are tough to get the hang of. Look for a device that displays the readings in plain English text and is easier to read. Furthermore, the indication lights must be displayed in at least two colors.
- How easy is it to install – It is unwise to buy a device that requires a mechanic to get installed. Moreover, complex assembly procedure will only consume a lot of your energy and time especially if you are enjoying your road trips. A TPMS that comes with an installation kit is the right choice to go with and will only take a few minutes for installation.
- Price range – In the case of TPMS, price and quality are directly related. If you want a quality tire pressure monitoring system, better buy an expensive one. This does not mean that the cheap ones perform badly. You must try to go through the features of the product and relate it to the selling price. This will bring you more clarity in term s of ranking of products.
- Reviews and Ratings – If you want to get a sneak peek into how a product actually performs, skim through customers’ reviews and ratings, and you will get a fair idea about the same. This does not mean you need to rely completely on ratings; however, most of the reviews speak about the pros and cons of a product in detail.
- Ease of operations – Choose the TPMS that is convenient enough to use and offers the best results.
- How durable is your TPMS – The TPMS you buy should be strong enough to survive intense amount of heat. It must have the capacity to send you warning signals as soon as one or more tires are under-inflated.
TireMinder Smart TPMS with 6 Transmitters for RVs, MotorHomes, 5th Wheels, Motor Coaches and Trailers
- Compatible with iPhone, iPad and android devices (requires IOS 7+ or android 4.4+ with Bluetooth 4.0+)
- Constant monitoring for high/low pressure, slow leak, rapid leak, high temperature and blowouts
- Monitors up to 22 tires (0-232 psi) with simultaneous pressure and temperature readings
- Features auto-scroll, auto-search, two-part disconnect and other advanced TPMS functions
- Includes Tire Minder Bluetooth adapter and rhino signal booster for superior signal strength
TireMinder Smart TPMS is the first of its kind to be compatible with iPhone, iPad, and Android smart devices. This smartphone-based TPMS is designed to work well with RVs, trailers, 5th wheels, motorhomes and the like. This TPMS comes with a Tire Minder Bluetooth Adaptor that directly converts TPMS’s transmitter data into a Bluetooth signal which interacts with your smartphone.
When merged with the rhino signal booster, it becomes a power pack and transmits information like never before. The TireMinder system checks for flat tires on a 6-seconds interval and sends an audio and visual alert as soon as any issue is spotted and needs to be resolved.
Video Review of the TireMinder Smart TPMS
1. It goes compatible with all the smart devices like iPad, iPhone and Android devices.
2. Its setup takes only around 10 minutes, and you can do it on your own.
3. Anti-theft Locking Nut is also included to protect transmitters.
1. It may produce false alarms at times. (all of them do)
EEZTire-TPMS 24×7 Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- REAL TIME/24x7 SAFETY & HIGH FUEL ECONOMY - EezTire TPMS system by EEZ RV Products is the industry leader in the RV TPMS market since 2005. It...
- EASY OPERATION & MAINTENANCE - EezTire TPMS monitor has one of the largest display screen on the market 4 ½" x 3". It takes minutes to setup...
- 3-YEAR LIMITED PRODUCT WARRANTY - EEZ RV Products offers a 3-year limited product warranty for all of our TPMS systems. We also provide...
- ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY ALERT SYSTEM - the monitor is motion sensitive and monitors tire pressure and temperature on 6-second intervals...
- MULTIPURPOSE - TPMS monitor has separate controls for RV and trailer sensors which allows owner to turn off trailer control when driving RV...
If you are someone who routinely travels in low light conditions, EEZ RV tire pressure monitoring system is just the right fit for your vehicle. It performs dual functions of monitoring the tire pressure and the temperature of the tires. The monitor keeps track of the tire pressure and temperature on 6-second intervals and immediately sends audio and visual signals when any one of them falls. In case the vehicle does not move for more than 15 minutes, the monitor goes into power saving mode to save battery.
This TPMS also has an in-built innovative backlight arrangement that lets you see the readings on the display screen all throughout the travel hours. The EEZ TPMS comes with a monitor that can handle around 26 wheels. Its sensors have replaceable batteries, too.
1. This TPMS provides real-time safety 24 hours a day.
2. It maintains accurate tire pressure and helps achieve fuel economy.
3. The display screen is easy to read.
4. EEZ TPMS is the easiest of all other tire pressure monitoring systems to install.
1. Its customer service does not match the expectations of the vehicle users.
2. This TPMS may sometimes show inconsistency in its performance. This makes it difficult to predict the accuracy of its results.
TPMS Rechargeable LCD Monitor for RV Trailer + Truck: 6 External Sensors
- 🎄Detail Installation and Operation Videos Please see the Important Information of this Truck TMPS page 6 TIRE CAP SENSOR: Special...
- 🎄HIGH ACCURACY: Electronic pressure detection ensures accurate data transmission, up to±1PSI, ensures safety driving;
- 🎄REAL-TIME MONITORING: Monitor tires 24/7: low/high pressure, high temperature, and slow leaks, vision and sound alarm simultaneously...
- 🎄LCD DISPLAY: Wide angle screen design and graphic user interface provide you clear and timely GUI of the temperature and pressure;
- 🎄EASY TO INSTALL: Reliable and easy to install, with two ways power supply, Cigarette Lighter and built-in rechargeable lithium battery.
The Careud TPMS is exclusively designed for your motor home, caravan, or trailers. Its wide angle LCDs and graphic user interface provides you with a precise and timely picture of the tire pressure and temperature. It also includes a portable sensor.
- The Careud TPMS saves fuel for your vehicle by ensuring the efficiency of operations.
- This TPMS produces highly accurate data transmission.
- It is capable of real-time monitoring of the air pressure and temperature 24 hours a day.
- It produces visual and audio alarm the moment it detects that something is wrong.
- It has two ways of power supply and is super easy to install without external support.
- This TPMS has complex features which are difficult to understand sometimes.
- It does not shut down after inactivity of 15 minutes as stated in the product description.
AccurateTemp Smart Tire Safety Monitor, TPMS with APP
- BOOST DRIVING SAFETY: Real-time tire pressures (PSI/kPa/Bar) and temperatures (°F/°C) alerts warn you of tire pressure issues to prevent...
- SLOW LEAK DETECTION: First ever slow leak detection with our AccurateTemp technology, enabling the ZUS APP to accurately detect any slow leak.
- SELF-INSTALL IN 10 MINUTES: Anyone can set up in 3 easy steps. Take it with you on your next trip and install it on your rental car in just 10...
- TRACK INDIVIDUAL TIRE HISTORY: View individual tire pressures (as PSI/kPa/Bar) and temperatures (°F/°C) directly on your smartphone.
- COST EFFECTIVE and GUARNATEE: Save up to 11 cents per gallon with properly inflated tires. Long Lasting Battery. Highly Integrated PCBA Sensors....
With Nonda ZUS AccurateTemp Smart Tire Safety Monitor, you can get real-time updates on individual tires directly on your smartphone. This TPMS ensures a safer drive and an enhanced gas mileage. It is fed by an intelligent algorithm that warns you of slow leakages before they turn into a disaster. This device is best suited for your 4-wheel vehicle or pickup truck.
1. This device monitors the tire pressure in real-time and provides you with regular updates.
2. It detects slow leakage with its in-built AccurateTemp technology.
3. You can self-install this TPMS in 3 easy steps in under 10 minutes.
4. 4 external cap sensors make this device more robust and durable, preventing it from rust due to salt and environment.
5. This TPMS is easy on your pockets and comes with a long-lasting battery.
1. Its components might get oxidized and are difficult to remove from the valve.
2. Its features are difficult to figure out at times.
TireMinder Solar Powered Trailer TPMS, 4 Tire Kit
- Highly efficient monocrystalline solar panel with lithium iron phosphate (lifepo 4) backup battery
- Crystal clear lcd color display which simultaneously displays both pressure and temperature readin
- Features next generation tireminder transmitters, weighing only 0
- Monitors 4 tires from 0 to 70 psi, designed for trailers 25ft or less
- Windshield, mountable monitor, micro, usb charging cable, and replaceable cr1632 batteries
The TireMinder Solar Powered Trailer comes with a highly efficient monocrystalline solar panel, long-running lithium iron phosphate backup battery (lifepo 4) and a crystal clear LCD color display which displays both tire pressure and temperature synchronously. Other features include a windshield, mountable monitor, micro, USB charging cable, and substitutive batteries.
1. It includes a single booster which for maximum distance and signals reliability.
2. Its solar-powered monitor consists of a monocrystalline solar panel that ensures quick and efficient charging.
3. This TPMS comes with light-weight transmitters that work great on rubber valve stems.
1. It can take a couple of months for you to fully get to the bottom of this device.
2. It may display false readings at times.
3. Its battery may not last long as stated in the product description.
4. Its sensors may turn out to be fragile.
This TPMS proves to be a great system for our Truck and Toy Hauler because it combines of all the features that we need it’s the only one that works best in low-light conditions.
It ensures real-time monitoring of both tire pressure and temperature and sends signals on a 6-seconds interval. It also consists of a display screen that shows audio and video signals in plain text making it easy for even me to understand it. This TPMS ensures that the battery power is saved when the vehicle is not in motion for more than 15 minutes or so. This power pack is definitely a great buy for your vehicle.