A Quick Guide to Choosing a RV Vacuum
If you own an RV, then you have to put in a fair amount of effort to ensure that you always have what you need. With a recreational vehicle at your disposal, there is no limit to the number of fantastic experiences that you can have. Whether you want to go on a quick trip with your family, or you want to spend some time with your friends; your own RV is the perfect answer.
A Clean RV is a Happy RV!
One of the main things that you need to remember is that you cannot live for long periods inside an RV that is not clean. You need to make arrangements to clean it regularly. Using a small and portable vacuum cleaner is the best option because it will make the process of cleaning much easier. You just have to learn how to operate the machine (lookin at your fellas).
Once suction is created inside the vacuum cleaner, the debris will find their way into the air flow. All the garbage will collect in a porous bag that you have to clean out. Sounds easy, but yet so hard to do. Especially difficult to teach a teenager to operate. Let’s talk about THAT another time….
What to consider when buying RV vacuum cleaners:
It is not easy to select a vacuum cleaner that will work well inside an RV. Some things need to look out for if you do not want to regret your purchase later on.
The vacuum cleaner will be your only tool to make the interior of your RV spick and span when you are on the road. You cannot settle for a weak cleaner that would not do the job for you. Whether you opt for a corded or a cordless machine, your RV vacuum cleaner should be able to deliver an efficient performance. A powerful vacuum cleaner will also save you valuable time.
Storage is an important issue when you are traveling. A large and bulky vacuum cleaner will take up a lot of space inside your RV, and that can prove to be inconvenient. The size of the machine should be such that it can be stacked away without being an obstacle in everybody’s path.
Do not settle for an RV vacuum cleaner that will not meet all your requirements. The technology behind these machines has advanced light years, and you should be able to take advantage of that. The vacuum cleaner you pick should have enough tools to clean all the surfaces and crevices inside your RV. Some vacuum cleaners also come with features which help them adjust to the specificities of a particular space.
Things to avoid when purchasing a RV Vacuum:
There is no such thing as a perfect machine. If a brand claims to offer everything you need at extraordinarily low prices, then you should stay away from them. You will end up wasting your money on a product that is not durable or efficient. RV vacuum cleaners do come in all price ranges, but it is best not to dip too low. Avoid very powerful or very big vacuum cleaners if your RV is small.
Make sure that you examine the requirements of your RV thoroughly before purchasing a vacuum cleaner or else there can be problems. For example, you do not want to end up with a corded vacuum cleaner in an RV with very few power outlets.
If you are in the hunt for an excellent RV vacuum cleaner, here are a few popular options.
Shark Rocket Ultra-Light Hand Vacuum
- Portable and ultra-lightweight. Less than 4 pounds in total
- True Pet Motorized Brush for handheld deep cleaning
- Easy-to-empty dust cup. No bag needed and empties with the touch of a button.
- 15-foot-long power cord You never have to recharge, while giving you freedom to clean the whole room.
- Powerful cleaning from start to finish.
This lightweight vacuum cleaner will make it very easy for you to clean your RV in one go. There will be no undue interruptions, and you will be able to do your job without any hassles.
Weighing less than 4 pounds, this vacuum cleaner will be very easy to handle. Not only is it portable and easy to store inside your RV, but it will also do a great job irrespective of its size. You do not want the space inside your vehicle to be taken up by a machine when you are traveling with your friends and family.
Packed with features:
This vacuum cleaner comes with a variety of features that will make cleaning much easier. The TruePet Motorized Brush will allow you to reach all the deep corners with minimal effort. Moreover, it comes with a dust cup that can be emptied very easily. You will also find the 15-foot-long power cord to be useful if your RV does not have a lot of charging points. You can rely on the charge to last you for one whole cleaning session.
This vacuum cleaner has strong suction power. You will never feel like it is giving up on you. The suction remains constant when you are cleaning the RV.
- Comes with a Mini Motorized Brush which is able to clean the last bit of dirt and dust from the floor and upholstery
- Power stays for a long time which reduces the need to recharge frequently
- Can be used for floors, stairs, and walls of your RV
- The dust cup comes with a bottom door release button on the front which will allow you to empty it with just one click
- The cord is long enough not to be inconvenient when you are cleaning your entire vehicle.
- Zero maintenance costs
- Comes with washable and reusable filters
- This product is value for money because it combines efficiency with portability.
Dirt Devil Vacuum Cleaner 3-in-1 Handheld Vacuum Cleaner
- LIGHTWEIGHT DESIGN - easy transportation from room-to-room and up-and-down stairs. Motor Watts - 240 Watts
- ON/OFF BRUSHROLL - turn brushroll 'on' for carpeted surfaces and 'off' for hard floor cleaning
- EASY EMPTY DIRT CUP - makes emptying the dirt cup easy and mess-free
- HAND VAC - detach the nozzle and neck in a snap for when you need a quick hand vacuum!
- 10" NOZZLE - provides a path for quick clean-ups
If you are in the hunt for a vacuum cleaner that you will be able to operate manually without any issues, then this is the product for you.
When you are moving around in an RV, you need a vacuum cleaner that can be easily transported from one place to another. The compact handheld design will make it easy for you to handle this product. The cleaner still packs a punch with its 240 Watts motor which means that you do not always need to sacrifice portability for power.
The machine comes with a brush roll feature which you will be able to use depending on your needs. You should switch it ‘on’ when you are using the machine on carpeted surfaces, and hit ‘off’ for hard floors. The brush roll is valuable for deep cleaning carpeted surfaces, while hard floors are better suited to straight suction.
Easy to handle:
Since the vacuum cleaner is lightweight, it is easy to maneuver inside the RV. Additionally, it comes with a dirt cup that can be emptied without any hassle. You can avoid all messes when you clean out the vacuum cleaner after your session. The 15-foot cord also makes it flexible.
- Comes with a 10″ nozzle which will allow you to quicken your clean-ups
- You can use the 15-foot cord on a daily basis and still be able to drag the vacuum cleaner around.
- The dirt cup can be cleaned without any spillage
- Comes with a detachable handle which can be convenient for certain locations
- The brush roll allows you to customize your cleaning according to your needs
- Since the product is lightweight, you will be able to carry it all around your RV without any difficulty
Tineco Hero Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner
- 【Powerful Suction & Long-lasting Battery】Tineco A10 350W Brushless Motor provides ultra-quiet powerful suction, lift embedded dirt with ease....
- 【Cordless & Lightweight】 Tineco A10 Lightweight main body (only 2.87lbs), easy convert to a handheld, satisfy your multi-purpose cleaning...
- 【High Torque Power Brush】Tineco High torque multi-task brush provides 2.5×power and 80% higher deep clean performance than ordinary cordless...
- 【4 Stages Fully-sealed Filtration System】Lock in small particles without leakage, expels non-allergenic fresh air.
- 【What's More】 Continuous power mode switch lock, easy-to-empty dustbin, full-size multi-tasker LED power brush, storehouse, mini power brush...
Made with aluminum, this vacuum cleaner will be perfect for your RV.
With a 350W digital motor, this vacuum cleaner is a powerhouse that will deliver excellent performance. Not only does it make minimum noise, but it also offers constant suction so that your cleaning is never interrupted. It can lift embedded dirt much more easily than most cordless vacuum cleaners.
You will find that this vacuum cleaner is very user-friendly. With a lightweight design, it is easily portable. You will be able to carry it from one part of your RV to another without any difficulty. It also comes with a detachable battery which means that you can always have a fully charged battery to replace the one that ran out.
The machine usually has 25mins runtime when it is on regular mode, but the optional spare battery will be able to improve it further.
This vacuum cleaner comes with a thorough filtration system that works in four stages. It is able to capture small particles without allowing any kind of leakage. The machine only emits non-allergenic fresh air.
- Offers powerful suction measuring up to 110 air watts
- Does not make any sound when it is operating
- Comes with a power brush that works on all types of floors
- Play around with the two power modes depending on your needs
- The LED lights will help you continue your cleaning even in low light conditions
- The thorough filtration system ensures that you are safe
- Comes with a power mode switch lock which means that you will not have to press it down when working
- Lightweight design makes it portable and easy to use on a daily basis
- Comes with a mini power brush and a 2-in-1 dusting brush which offer extra support
BLACK+DECKER Cordless Hand Vacuum Cleaner
- Picks up to 6Oz of sloppy wet messes, dirt and dry debris
- Included Components: (1) BDH2000L hand vacuum, (1) VF110 washable filter, (1) Charging base, (1) On-board crevice tool, (1) On-board brush tool;...
This vacuum cleaner will be an excellent investment for you.
The primary reason why this vacuum cleaner is so popular is that it comes with Smartech sensing features that will make your life much easier. While the auto sense is responsible for adjusting the suction power of your machine, the battery sense keeps you alert about the battery level. The filter sense lets you know when you need to clean out the filter.
Get rid of pet hair:
If you have a pet, then you know that making your RV hair-free can be quite a task. This vacuum machine comes with a motorized brush which can pick up embedded pet hair that does not want to be expelled. Moreover, the anti-tangle rubber bristles can locate and lift any hair that is trapped within carpets or under furniture.
With this vacuum cleaner, you will be able to switch between two speeds. The lower speed can be used for sensitive applications, while the power boost mode is a blessing when you are doing heavy-duty cleaning.
- The Motorized brush and anti-tangle rubber bristles are able to lift out stubborn pet hair
- Comes with a lightweight lithium-ion battery
- Offers strong suction and the battery lasts for a long period
- The scented pre-filter keeps your RV smelling fresh
- Gives your choice between two speeds
- Comes with a comfortable handle which makes it easy to use
- The Push-In brush and the extendable crevice tool help you reach all areas of the RV
- Comes with useful sensing features that set it apart from other vacuum cleaners
Swiffer Sweep+Vac Cordless Vacuum Kit
If your RV is relatively new and you are still a beginner, then you should try out this vacuum cleaner kit.
The best part about this RV vacuum cleaner is that it comes with a rechargeable battery which means that you can even go on long trips as long as you have a power source. Moreover, the battery is long-lasting as it is.
You can depend on this vacuum cleaner to deliver a stellar performance when it comes to suction.
Comes with refills:
The kit comes with eight refills which is a major advantage when you are traveling in an RV.
- Battery is long-lasting
- The suction is powerful and consistent
- Works on all floors and surfaces
- Refills make it value for money
Wrapping it up:
If you want your RV to be clean and neat, then you need to pick up a vacuum cleaner. Not only do you need it to be powerful, but it’s got to be very portable. We have had the Smartech Pet Vac for a few years now, and absolutely love it. The batteries last a long time, and the suction keeps up with all the pet hair we suck into that thing on a daily basis.