What is the Ideal Washer Dryer Combo For Your RV?
Living on the road is a fun and enriching experience but it doesn’t give an escape from the daily chores. Having an RV washer dryer combo is very convenient because you don’t have to find public washers and dryers everywhere you go. Also, you can wash your clothes any time you want – rain or shine.
And your RV friends, who don’t have a washer can use it too,…. maybe.
Types of Washers and Dryers for an RV
To avoid confusion and space constraints, washer and dryer brands have come up with three types for your RV. These include:
1. Compact Stackable RV Washer Dryer
Two simple machines stacked together, the Compact Stackable RV Washer Dryer can bear up to 12 pounds of load at a time. They are very similar to the type you had in your first apartment. However, it is only an option for big RVs as you will need to create a separate closet for it.
2. Portable and Storable RV Washer Dryer
A Portable and Storable RV Washer Dryer is perfect for small motorhomes that need an electric connection. The washer does your laundry in just 15 minutes and the dryer takes about 20 minutes. These machines come with a variety of sizes and can bear up to 100 lbs of weight. However, you will have to do a lot of heavy lifting to move them around, which makes it favorable only for occasional uses.
3. Combination RV Washer/Dryer
A Combination RV Washer Dryer is the best of all because it is great for permanent RV users. They are engineered specifically for RV use, which means they are energy and water efficient. The combo takes around two to three hours for a single load, so you can start it and visit nearby areas. When you are back, the clothes are all ready to be folded. It is perfect for small spaces, so you won’t have any trouble fitting it into a small RV.
How does an RV washer dryer combo work?
You can put the clothes in the machine just like you would do in a normal machine. Start the machine. The drying process will begin immediately after the washing is over. It doesn’t stop until all the clothes are completely dry. These machines come with a condenser dryer, which is a bit different from vented dryers that need to be connected to an exhaust vent.
It sucks water out of your clothes and drains it down the water pipeline and into the sink. It is fitted with a lint filter, which you will have to clean out every couple months or earlier depending on your use.
Features to look for in the combo
These features will have to you distinguish between the best combo and an average one. It is an expensive investment, so make sure you get at least the minimum features that make your RV life more enjoyable.
A good-sized combo is 27” wide, while there are some smaller ones that are only 24” wide. You don’t have to worry about the height because it stops at around 35”. Most of them are front-loading, so you can make a small cloth closet over it.
RV washer dryer combos have a maximum loading capacity of 15 lbs. Don’t choose a product with less capacity because you need that much to a week’s full of clothes of two people.
Look for a washer dryer combo that finishes work in a couple of hours. It should come with enough features to wash different types of clothes. An additional feature you can look for is moisture sensor. It stops the machine from discoloring the clothes and saves energy.
Alternatives to an RV washer dryer combo
If you are tight on the budget or space, you have no option but to search for alternatives. Many RV parks and campgrounds have on-site laundry services similar to laundromats. They are sometimes in unsanitary conditions, so take a look before you take your clothes there. Truck stop plazas like Pilot and Flying J are opening laundry services for RV users.
You can also visit your local laundromats and get the washing done. If have no access to any of these, you can wash the clothes in a five-gallon water bucket, squeeze out the water manually, and dry them outside.
Splendide Combo Washer/Dryer
- Max Spin: 1200 RPM; Cycle: 10 wash/3 dry
- Max Wash Capacity: 15 lbs.; Max Dry Capacity: 11 lbs.
- Super-silent technology
- Built-tough for RV and Marine use
- Dimensions: 33-1/8" Height x 23-1/2" Width x 22-5/8" Depth
An ultra compact combo by Splendide is a white vented product which is perfect for your RV home. It comes with a stability regulator that reduces the engine noise so you can start it at night and sleep peacefully because it doesn’t make any noise. It performs 10 washing and three drying cycles during one load. You can switch between heat levels, depending on the type of clothes in the load.
It is fitted with automatic load sense technology, which regulates water use according to the load size. When you aren’t using it, you can store it in a closet. It doesn’t offer over-the-top features like cleaning and sanitizing the wash drum, but it is a convenient choice while traveling. You receive a one-year limited warranty on the product’s wash drum, motor, and the body.
- Comes with water-saver technology
- Makes minimum noise
- One-year limited warranty from the manufacturer
- Delayed customer service
- Clothes come out wrinkled
LG Ventless 4.3 Cu. Ft. Capacity Steam Washer/Dryer Combination
- 4.3 Cu. Ft. Capacity NeveRust Stainless Steel Drum
- 14 Wash Cycles / 4 Dry Cycles / 8 Options / 5 Temperatures
- Steam Gently But Powerfully Penetrates Fabrics
- ColdWash Enhanced Motions Penetrate Deep Into Fabrics
This LG Ventless Washer/Dryer Combo offers the large holding capacity of 4.3 cubic feet and a lot of customization options. It is a bit expensive but if the entire family is on road, it is a great investment. And you know how the old saying goes “You get what you pay for.” It also offers some additional features like silent washing and drying in the night. Even though the machine is taller than most RV washer dryer combos, it fits easily in an average-sized RV closet.
It offers four different washer settings, which you can change according to the degree of soiling. LG has confirmed that their washing cycle removes 99.9 percent germs. You can easily decontaminate your child’s stuffed toys using it. Other interesting features offered by this product include self-cleaning cycle, sanitizer cycle, and dryer cycle length. LG offers 10 years warranty on the motor and one year warranty on parts and labor on the machine. Its only downfall is that you can’t control the temperature of the dryer cycle but only its length.
- Removes 99.9 percent germs
- Multiple washing and drying options to choose from
- 10 years warranty on motor and one year on labor and parts
- No control over drying cycle temperature
- Larger in size compared to other RV combos
LG 24″ Washer/Dryer Combo
This LG Washer/Dryer Combo is a 120-volt ventless model that is reliable and offers a maximum spin-dry speed of 1,400 rpm. It is the highest offered by any combo until now. It removes most of the moisture at the end of the washing process, so the dryer cycle is relatively shorter. It is perfect for your RV as it has a capacity of 2.3 cubic feet. The machine supports several unique washing and drying options, for example, steam-cleaning cycle, lint filter, and extra-hot wash temperature. You will have to clean out the filter every couple weeks.
You can also sanitize children clothes, stuffed toys, and kitchen towels in the machine. It is a popular model sold by a popular brand, so finding new parts for replacing old ones is a hassle-free task. LG offers lifetime warranty on the stainless steel drum, 10 years on drum motor, and one year warranty on parts and labor.
- Multiple unique features to choose from
- Lifetime warranty on the drum and 10 years warranty on drum motor
- Perfect to wash delicate clothes and sanitize infant clothing
- Limited drum capacity
- Load becomes unbalanced at the end of process
Ivation 3.21 cu.ft Small Compact Portable Electric Dryer
- CONVENIENT PORTABLE DRYER – 57.8-Pound Weight Makes Moving The Dryer Easy, While 23.4 x 18.9 x 26.4 Dimensions Offer an Easy Fit for Any Size...
- RAPID DRYING POWER – 1,500W of Drying Power & 7 Different Clothing/Load Type Settings Deliver Faster Drying Times Than Other Portable...
- HIGH QUALITY, LOW NOISE – Premium Stainless Steel Tub, Low 58-Decibel Noise Level, Durable Controls & Solid Outer Design Ensure Years of Happy,...
- DESIGNED FOR SIMPLICITY – Dryer Plugs Into Any Regular Outlet & Features Easy Vent Connection for Seamless Setup From Delivery to Drying
- IMPRESSIVE LOAD CAPACITY – 3.21-Cubic-Foot Load Capacity Dries Up to 12.12 Pounds of Clothing; Multiple Settings Accommodate Different Load...
Washing clothes is easy but drying them is a troublesome process. You might be up in the Tundra region, where your clothes won’t dry for at least five days. The next laundromat might be at least 50 miles away. If you are low on budget or don’t want to buy a washer dryer combo, you can buy a dryer. Wash your clothes in a bucket, wring them out, and put them in the dryer. It not only saves money, but also a lot of time and space. It has a treated steel tub that extends the product’s lifetime.
It has a loading capacity of 3.21 cubic feet, which can dry up to 12.2 pounds of clothes at a time. Other than that, the machine is lightweight and offers seven types of drying functions that assure a fast drying cycle. It only makes 58 decibels of sound, so you can start the machine and go to sleep without any disturbance. However, you need to clean the lint filter before every drying cycle. You will receive only one year warranty on the product.
- Perfect size for an RV home
- Makes only 58 decibels of noise
- Budget purchase
- Only one year limited warranty by the manufacturer
- Lint filter needs to be cleaned before every drying cycle
RCA 2.0 Cubic Feet Washer and Dryer Combo
- 2.0 Cu Ft Front Loading Washer/Dryer Combo with LCD Digtial Control Display - Easy to Use and Perfect for Apartments or Small Spaces
- 12 Wash Cycles: Washer Programs: Cotton/Normal, Bulky/Large, Sport, Delicate, Hand Wash/Wool, Baby Wear, Speed Wash, Sanitary, Rinse and Spin,...
- Extra Options: Pre-Wash, Extra Rinse, Add Garment, My Cycle, Delay Start, Anti-Foam Control, Overheating Control, Overflow Control, Self-Cleaning...
- Features: Auto-Restart, Favorite Cycle, Delay Start, Water Level Selection, Transparent Lid, Adjustable Legs, Detergent Dispenser, Cycle Status...
- Ventless Dryer - Does not require External Venting Source: Steel Drum for Added Durability
Easy to use and affordable, RCA RWD200 2.0 Cubic Feet Front Loading Washer and Dryer Combo is a great purchase if you are low on budget. The LCD digital display makes navigating through the 12 washing and drying functions easy. Some wash cycle functions offered by the machine include speed wash, delicate, sport, rinse and spin, sanitary, and baby wash. It also offers many extra functions including extra rinse, overflow control, auto balance system, anti-foam control, and self-cleaning drum.
We love its memory after power interruption feature because when you are on the road, the chances of the power getting cut are really high. You don’t need to have a vent for the machine, which is another great advantage. You can also select the water level depending on the amount of soiling. RCA offers one year warranty on parts and 90 days warranty on the labor. You will have to pay a repair fee in case of a problem 90 days after the purchase.
- Multiple washing and drying functions
- Offers memory after power interruption feature
- LCD display makes it easy to navigate through the functions
- Only one year limited warranty period
- Cannot do big loads
This Washer/Dryer Combo is our favorite pick because it is compact, has a short drying cycle, and affordable. You get lifetime warranty on its stainless steel drum from the manufacturer which is important having it in a home on wheels. It offers unique features like automatic load sense technology, heat level modification, and is all around perfect for RV homes.